Wednesday 12 March 2014

Sunny




Hi dearest,

I have been posting fewer things lately, because I have to learn so much for my midterms. On top of that I decided to design two questionnaires as part of research project. As I said in my last post I have been seeing things from a different perspective. For example, I found out that I had been feeling down because of my spending patterns. The first month over here was so expensive, oh my Gosh.
The second phase of this experience is getting to know the culture. How are Americans? What are their values, norms and beliefs? How do Americans see internationals? And how can internationals/foreigners get closer to Americans? These questions will be answered with the findings of my questionnaire.

My experiences in California are varied and this is makes my exchange precious. This just indicates that the quality of my experience is very high and that it helps me to get more mature. If I wanted everything to be easier I would just decide to go to a resort. During the first month of my stay here I was so negative, there was bad luck everywhere. But at a certain point I just decided to make my stay fortunate, unique and fun.
So I started eating more fruits and vegetables to strengthen my health. I decided to move to the international house and this was probably one of the best decisions I made so far. I was no longer sharing my room with my shadow, but currently I am sharing my room with Hsin-yu. Hsin-yu is from Taiwan and her American name is Ruby. She is the roommate you wish you have when living on campus.
Of course, I keep saying that I want to go back home, but you know what they say…home is where the heart is and my heart is in Holland.


Moving on to my outfit, I love this blouse so much, for me it is a fashion must-have, you can wear it in so many ways. The shorts are from Forever21 and the shoes are from vans and I have them since I was sixteen. Don’t ask me how I maintained them for five years like this; I have no clue how I did that. I got the heart ring from my best friend Samreen, she is wearing the same one but in gold. It is our friendship-ring. The rest of the jewelry I do not know actually, it was a longtime ago.

1 comment: